Sunday, April 18, 2010

Baroque Bistro's Secrets to Making Macarons

30 days home and entertaining sydney baroque bistro macarons

Say hello to (the hands of) Chef Jean Michel Raynaud, Head of Production at Baroque Bistro. This man knows macarons from back to front.

I had the pleasure of learning some tricks of the trade from Chef Jean Michel today. The class was conducted as part of the 30 days of home and entertaining. We were warned that it was only a taste of Baroque Bistro's own macarons masterclass. But gladly, the class was not rushed at all. Chef Jean Michel was very patient in sharing his secrets every step of the way. The most important lesson of the day? Get to know your oven very well.

30 days home and entertaining sydney baroque bistro macarons

Note that I have never made any macarons. It's one of those things I'd really like to attempt one day. In fact, mr foodwink aka the engineer is the more enthusiatic one. But taking the first step is always hard. Choosing which recipe to use is another dilemma. Well, after attending Monsieur Raynaud's class, I think I should stop making excuses now!

I'll leave you with some pictures I took at the "Live House" of 30 days home and entertaining in Waterloo, Sydney. There are plenty of free events until the end of the month.

30 days home and entertaining sydney
30 days home and entertaining sydney
30 days home and entertaining sydney
30 days home and entertaining sydney

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

13 comment(s):

Simon Leong April 19, 2010 at 12:05 AM  

that's great to see the master chef in action. i heard they have masterclasses at baroque. very nice of them to share the secrets of their success :-)

Lorraine @NotQuiteNigella April 19, 2010 at 12:59 PM  

I didn't realise that they had such cool events there! Thanks for sharing them and great photos! :)

Phuoc'n Delicious April 19, 2010 at 11:42 PM  

Oooo.. those macarons look so perfect! Smooth shell and nice frilly feet :) I do hope you give it a go. I'm still trying to perfect it. Just start off with the basic recipe and fill it with any ganache you like and then you start experimenting! All the best! :)

Angie Lives to Eat (and Cook)! April 20, 2010 at 12:36 AM  

Ooo! I checked out all the events but the times and location just don't suit me. Love the photos.

Sydney Shop Girl April 20, 2010 at 10:39 AM  

Thank you for sharing, foodwink!

What a cool thing to be a part of.

SSG xxx

OohLookBel April 20, 2010 at 1:14 PM  

I just saw someone with a 30 days shopping bag that was pretty cool. The macaron class is what I would have chosen to attend (if I'd known about it!)

Celia @ Fig Jam and Lime Cordial April 20, 2010 at 5:24 PM  

Great photos, Wink, thank you!

Adrian @ Food Rehab April 20, 2010 at 8:57 PM  

ah these look too good. Love the pics. I don't know how you were able to refrain yourself from just gulping down everything in sight!

shaz April 20, 2010 at 11:09 PM  

Great photos! I saw the ads for this event in the Groumet Traveller but didn't realise they had a macaron class. You really don't have any excuses any more :)

Thanks for visiting my blog.

3 hungry tummies April 21, 2010 at 11:27 PM  

You have a beautiful blog! Especially love the post on "food you ate in Ipoh"!

Cheryl April 24, 2010 at 7:53 AM  

I promised myself I would try making macarons one day. Lovely interior shots too.

Anonymous April 25, 2010 at 10:58 AM  

First, allow me to say you have a fine blog with amazing photographs. I read about these events but was unable to make it but I am glad to read it here.

Renita May 30, 2010 at 1:56 PM  

Looks amazing. I read about this event but couldnt make it! I'm yet to make successful macs. Fantastic montage of pictures as always! :)

About foodwink

foodwink is written by a Sydneysider to catalog memories related to food, travel and anything in between. Email: foodwink [@] g m a i l [.] c o m.

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Australia License.

Creative Commons License

Cool People

  © 2010 copyright foodwink. photoblog template edited by foodwink.

Back to TOP