Sunday, May 9, 2010

Eveleigh Farmers' Market and Finders Keepers

Eveleigh Farmers' Market and Finders Keepers

Two of my favourite markets in one place.

Eveleigh Farmers' Market Finders Keepers
Edible blooms

Eveleigh Farmers' Market Finders Keepers
Kylie Kwong making breakfast for me

Pancakes with organic vegetables and organic eggs ($7.50 for two). Steamed certified free-range pork wontons with ginger dressing ($6.50 per serve). The gorgeous wontons were possibly made by Miss Cathy X.

Eveleigh Farmers' Market Finders Keepers
Breads galore

Eveleigh Farmers' Market Finders Keepers
Which one?

Eveleigh Farmers' Market Finders Keepers
I love the pretty colours

Eveleigh Farmers' Market Finders Keepers
Organic pasta and sauce. We tried their gnocchi and porcini cream last night - both were excellent.

Eveleigh Farmers' Market Finders Keepers
Finders Keepers is a biannual market that showcases the work of many independent designers

Eveleigh Farmers' Market Finders Keepers
Made by hand and love

Eveleigh Farmers' Market Finders Keepers
Petting zoo (sort of)

Eveleigh Farmers' Market Finders Keepers
For more information on the next Finders Keepers event, head over to their website.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

16 comment(s):

Celia @ Fig Jam and Lime Cordial May 9, 2010 at 6:36 AM  

Great photos, Wink! I've never been to Finders Keepers, although I have traipsed Eveleigh - magnificent produce, but too expensive when you have to feed starving teenagers!

joey@forkingaroundsydney May 9, 2010 at 8:14 AM  

I was hoping to get to Finders Keepers yesterday but didn't have the time (damn those tapioca pearls!). Thanks for the photos, so great!

Jelenie May 9, 2010 at 4:42 PM  

Great photos! I went yesterday too but missed the farmers markets. I have to go someday and check it out.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella May 9, 2010 at 5:36 PM  

Haha we're definitely on the same wavelength! I was going to go here yesterday! Great pics, now I can see what I missed! :)

Jennifer, Decorum May 9, 2010 at 8:37 PM  

Oh we were there too. It was a fabulous way to spend a few hours on a Saturday.

Jennifer XX

Forager May 9, 2010 at 9:34 PM  

Ack. I was up in the Mountains this weekend but I so wanted to go to the Finders Keepers markets. Missed the last 2 now because of clashes. Grr. The trinkets and accessories there are so unique and make such great gifts.

Well - your photos did it justice! I'm jealous and not going!

foodwink May 9, 2010 at 9:37 PM  

Hi Celia - I hear you. We spent quite a bit at the Farmer's Market there between the two of us. And still not enough groceries for the week!

Hi Joey - Tapioca balls?! Were you at Quays? In that case, you haven't missed out on anything. And I'm so jealous.

Hi Jelenie - Thanks for dropping by and for your lovely comment. The farmers' market is on every Saturday, so there'll be lots of opportunities :)

Hi Lorraine - Hehe, I just love markets. Hope you've had a great birthday celebration.

Hi Jennifer - I know. And wasn't the weather just beautiful on Saturday?

foodwink May 9, 2010 at 9:46 PM  

Hi Forager - What a bummer! I know how you feel. I was pretty angry at myself for missing out on the Spring/Summer one last Sept.

You might be already aware that Finders Keepers has a poor cousin -the Eveleigh Artisans' Market is held every first sunday of the month :)
http://www.eveleighmarket.com.au/artisans.html

Anh May 10, 2010 at 12:03 PM  

Absolutely brilliant! I went to Eveleigh mkt once and loved it. No time for any photos though since I was too busy looking around!

OohLookBel May 10, 2010 at 2:16 PM  

I was there on Saturday, too! Saw Kylie and wondered why there were so many people around her stall - now I know!
Did you get anything from Finders Keepers? I bought some oh so cute fridge magnets :)

Sydney Shop Girl May 10, 2010 at 4:59 PM  

Great post, foodwink:-)

Kylie's breakfast must have rocked!

SSG xxx

Simon Leong May 10, 2010 at 5:06 PM  

definitely 2 great markets. i've yet to get to Finders Keepers yet though :-( great pics! :-)

Cheryl May 10, 2010 at 11:53 PM  

I love markets like these, everywhere you looks so lush and abundant. The sellers did a great job with the displays! Ooh, and the craft section, how gorgeous are those ceramics? And I *heart* the little girl's in blue pinafore, so cute. :)

tangerine eats May 11, 2010 at 12:23 PM  

Oh my I love the Finders Keepers markets! Must check out Eveleigh! Thanks for sharing :)

Juliana May 11, 2010 at 1:11 PM  

Wow, I am sure that you had a great time in these 2 markets...the pictures are awesome :-)

foodwink May 11, 2010 at 8:28 PM  

Hi Anh - Thanks for your lovely comment. The eveleigh market is definitely getting more and more popular.

Hi Bel - Hehe, we might have brushed shoulders without knowing it. Sounds cheesy, I know. Glad that you got something from finders keepers. I was eyeing on some cute prints but decided to walk away without them :(

Hi SSG - Thanks! Food was great - organically expensive but delicious :)

Hi Simon - Thanks! You should definitely go to the next one - lots of eye candies.

Hi Cheryl - Isn't the girl adorable? I love her outfit. She was playing with handmade worms. So cute.

Hi Lily - Thanks for dropping by

Hi Juliana - Thanks. Definitely had a great time. Love markets to bits.

About foodwink

foodwink is written by a Sydneysider to catalog memories related to food, travel and anything in between. Email: foodwink [@] g m a i l [.] c o m.

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Australia License.

Creative Commons License

Cool People

  © 2010 copyright foodwink. photoblog template edited by foodwink.

Back to TOP