Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Sydney's Paddy's Markets, Flemington



Is a sea.


Of fresh jewels


Of exotic ingredients


Of ovoid spheroid


Of primary colours



Of thorny love and cheap passion


Of all things round


Of great bargains


And of ambitious reds - "One day we'll end up in Celia's fresh tomato passata"

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

8 comment(s):

JT @ areyouhungary May 27, 2010 at 8:30 AM  

How great are flemington markets? I love visiting them!
The borlotti beans look great!

Angie Lives to Eat (and Cook)! May 27, 2010 at 8:48 AM  

Love your perspective! You missed out on the pushing and shoving and the long queues in the seafood section, oh and all the squished fruit and veg under your feet =p
Hehe, oh that place is good fun... get's exhausting though when you're actually on the hunt for particular things and constantly searching the rows and pushing through people to get where you want.

OohLookBel May 27, 2010 at 9:28 AM  

Such abundance! I love the picture of the ovoids (eggs!).

chocolatesuze May 27, 2010 at 10:50 AM  

<3 flemington markets! always buy way too much fruit haha

Celia @ Fig Jam and Lime Cordial May 27, 2010 at 10:50 AM  

Hahaha...no they won't, not if they're not romas and certainly not if they're $40 a box!

I don't know how you do it, Wink. I go to the markets every week, and it never looks that good! But oh, how I adore shopping there.. :)

Sydney Shop Girl May 28, 2010 at 2:37 PM  

I especially love those grapefruit :-)

SSG xxx

Anh May 28, 2010 at 4:37 PM  

I admit I never love Sydney that much. But seeing your photos, I know I have missed out something when living there.

Oli May 31, 2010 at 7:56 PM  

I love the Flemington Markets, it's one of the first places that I had to go visit(and shop)at when I first arrived to Sydney. Lovely capture x

About foodwink

foodwink is written by a Sydneysider to catalog memories related to food, travel and anything in between. Email: foodwink [@] g m a i l [.] c o m.

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Australia License.

Creative Commons License

Cool People

  © 2010 copyright foodwink. photoblog template edited by foodwink.

Back to TOP