Saturday, May 1, 2010

First of May



Cake 2009: Adriano Zumbo's "Yuzu No A Nothing" Macaron Cake.
Cake 2010: La Renaissance Patisserie's Raspberry Charlotte Mousse Cake.

Happy First of May

When I was small, and christmas trees were tall
We used to love while others used to play
Don't ask me why, but time has passed us by
Someone else moved in from far away

Now we are tall, christmas trees are tall
You don't ask the time of day
But you and I, our love will never die
But guess we'll cry come first of may

Do do do do do do do do do ...

Bee Gees, 1969

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

6 comment(s):

missklicious May 1, 2010 at 9:54 AM  

OMG macaron cake!!!

Celia @ Fig Jam and Lime Cordial May 1, 2010 at 11:00 AM  

The apple tree that grew for you and me
I watched the apples falling one by one
And I recall the moment of them all
The day I kissed your cheek and you were gone...


Aaaah, nice memories, thanks Wink! :)

Sydney Shop Girl May 2, 2010 at 5:37 AM  

What beautiful cakes.

I love that song too.

Belated Happy Birthday :-)

SSG xxx

Anonymous May 4, 2010 at 6:40 PM  

I love this song!! Thanks for bringing back nice memories and OH the cakes!!!

Angie Lives to Eat (and Cook)! May 4, 2010 at 8:43 PM  

I must be either too young for the song or just plain ignorant =D
Love the macaron cake!!

Gastronomy Gal May 7, 2010 at 10:35 AM  

macaron cake. Amazing. Yum. Wow.!

About foodwink

foodwink is written by a Sydneysider to catalog memories related to food, travel and anything in between. Email: foodwink [@] g m a i l [.] c o m.

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Australia License.

Creative Commons License

Cool People

  © 2010 copyright foodwink. photoblog template edited by foodwink.

Back to TOP