Saturday, September 4, 2010

Shanghai (8/8) - The World Expo



6 months. 190 participating countries. 450,000 daily visitors. One theme. Better City, Better Life.




Signs, symbols and spaces. Korean Pavillion is one of my favourites


The Finnish Pavillion is called 'kimu' (giant's kettle)


Its curved inner space tells the stories of Finland and the Finns. Let's just say I was glad that I didn't have to queue up to see this (hint: go to the expo after 6 pm).


My new and old homes. Bad quality pictures, I know, but I have to show these!


Turkmenistan Pavilion


And of Serbia and Germany

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

4 comment(s):

Celia @ Fig Jam and Lime Cordial September 5, 2010 at 6:13 AM  

What an astonishing display! Thanks for sharing, Wink..

Shanks September 6, 2010 at 4:13 PM  

Welcome back and thanks for the amazing photo tour of Shanghi :)

Anonymous September 12, 2010 at 9:12 PM  

Did you manage to explore much of each pavillion?

foodwink September 13, 2010 at 10:49 PM  

Celia - Thanks for your support, I really appreciate it. xxx

Shanks - Thanks for dropping by!

Anonymous, unfortunately not. The queues were quite long, even at night! I only managed to visit the Vietnamese and Finnish Pavilions. Guess what, there were no queues :) But to be honest, I left feeling a bit underwhelmed.

About foodwink

foodwink is written by a Sydneysider to catalog memories related to food, travel and anything in between. Email: foodwink [@] g m a i l [.] c o m.

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Australia License.

Creative Commons License

Cool People

  © 2010 copyright foodwink. photoblog template edited by foodwink.

Back to TOP