Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Sydney's Best Pho?



An Restaurant, Bankstown. Five reasons why.

1. They are the experts! An Restaurant sells one thing and one thing only - pho.
2. The delicious pho. Chicken or beef. Same superior stock. No after-meal MSG effect.
3. The waiters. PDA-clad and super efficient, they expect you to know what to order as soon as you sit down. Oh, no menu is provided unless you ask for one.
4. The patrons. Surely the Vietnamese community knows where to go for the best pho!
5. The Gourmet Traveller says so. "An Restaurant does hands-down the best Vietnamese beef noodle soup outside, well, Vietnam."

AN RESTAURANT
29 Greenfield Parade
Bankstown NSW 2200
(02) 9796 7826
An Restaurant on Urbanspoon

This is my entry to Delicious Vietnam #5 hosted by Anh of A Food Lover's Journey.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

15 comment(s):

JT @areyouhungary September 8, 2010 at 1:20 PM  

Looks pretty good foodwink - although I think you guys make most food look pretty good!

Celia @ Fig Jam and Lime Cordial September 8, 2010 at 5:56 PM  

Thanks for the headsup, Wink, I've never been there! Love a good pho!

Amy @ cookbookmaniac September 8, 2010 at 9:27 PM  

I have heard so much about this okace the last 15 or so years and have never been there. even when I worked in bankstown for a year i still did nt visit. am i a loser or what??

Helen (Grab Your Fork) September 9, 2010 at 1:53 PM  

We always call this place McPho because the service is so speedy. And I love the little saucers of sate on the side too.

betty September 10, 2010 at 12:36 PM  

love the sate here

thang @ noodlies September 10, 2010 at 5:02 PM  

Lots of my friends really love Pho An, it's really crossed over very well, many of the other nice Pho restaurants are still relatively undiscovered.

Nice post!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella September 10, 2010 at 6:38 PM  

Hehe hubby is crazy for Pho! I think he'd jump at the chance to go here! :)

greenbeenfood September 14, 2010 at 5:06 PM  

i am salivating!....very passionate about good pho.

Anh September 14, 2010 at 10:54 PM  

thanks for the entry! I'm updating the roundup :)

BTW, thumbs up for Pho An from my friends in Sydney too. And we are picky northern Vietnamese eaters :D

Heidi - Apples Under My Bed September 14, 2010 at 11:15 PM  

I am obsessed with pho. I go to Springvale or Richmond in Melbourne. Good to know of a good Sydney option. Now I want some pho!!
Heidi xo

thang @ noodlies September 15, 2010 at 10:51 PM  

now the noodlies poll is closed i can tell you Pho An came a very close second in Sydney's Best Pho.. it's my sister's fav pho place too!

Minh September 20, 2010 at 9:04 PM  

Oooh contentious! lol My friends and I always argue about Cabramatta Pho vs. Bankstown Pho but I'm firmly on the side of Pho An, I grew up eating here on Saturday mornings and nothing compares!

BTW, my record for order to table... 30 seconds!

Von September 21, 2010 at 9:25 PM  

That sounds so delicious! I haven't been to Bankstown for agess....and I've never tried this =) But I'll have to next time I go!

shaz October 16, 2010 at 12:36 AM  

I can't remember the last time I was even in the vicinity of Bankstown! But might just have to make the trek just for good pho :)

Kris March 4, 2013 at 5:22 PM  

The best Pho ever ! I have been going there with my children almost every second week the last 10 years.

About foodwink

foodwink is written by a Sydneysider to catalog memories related to food, travel and anything in between. Email: foodwink [@] g m a i l [.] c o m.

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Australia License.

Creative Commons License

Cool People

  © 2010 copyright foodwink. photoblog template edited by foodwink.

Back to TOP