Meet Jolly. My pup buddy. And Jollie. His treat.
Thanks to the lovely Lorraine@NotQuiteNigella and the good people at Jollie Dog Biscuits, Jolly is now the proud owner of a tin of Chicken Mushroom and Thyme Morsels. And he's really loving it! So, thank you.
Jolly can't write a comprehensive product review, but I'll compensate that with five interesting facts about Jolly.
1. He's learned the name of his toys - Ball, Elephant, Leon the lion, Mousey and Rabbit. He occasionally fetches the correct one if we have treats in our hands.
2. His favourite game is hide and seek. We hide his toy, he finds it. It could be somewhere in the cupboard. In the ensuite. Or under the bed. And he can usually finds it within 5 minutes. Or whines and whines until I give him a clue. Gotta love a dog who likes to get things done.
3. He likes beer, especially German. But don't worry, he's only allowed a few drips once in a while. Please don't call RSPCA.
4. He's developed a repertoire of tricks over the years. His best? Faking death following a gunshot injury. Starting with SIT. Then DOWN (lie down). And BANG, which signals him to roll onto one side and pretend that he's been shot. Lastly, DIE to stop waggling his tail completely.
5. He's the first offspring of a gorgeous Shihtzu-Maltese couple. When we first met his parents, we thought they were huge for their breed. Now years later, strangers and friends say things like "Oh my, your dog is fat. Isn't he?!".
Like all protective owners, I reply "My dog is not fat. It's just the hair. And the big bones".