Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Zumbo Jab

Adriano Zumbo Cafe Chocolat

Adriano Zumbo's Cafe Chocolat, Balmain.

Apparently the flu season is here again. First to fall victims are Miss Marple Deconstructed and Paris La Vie En Rose from Zumbo's desserts menu. But the remaining two seem to be doing fine.

It's a Macaron, Not a Hamburger is not simply a macaron. It's a jumbo-sized one served with dulce de leche gelato on a puddle of banana caramel rice pudding and topped with chocolate soil. We love the gelato and macaron but find the pudding too sweet.

The Younger Years is a chocolate fondant with peanut butter gelato and crushed peanuts. The syringe tattoed with "SINGLE USE ONLY" injects a bit of fun, and the raspberry and vanilla anglaise straight into the fondant's core. The combination is oozily good. And not too sweet this time.

And maybe one day I'll move to Balmain. So that I could get to Zumbo's cakes before they fly out the door every weekend. But in the meantime, let's hope that I won't have to take Tamiflu again this year.

Adriano Zumbo's Cafe Chocolat
308 Darling St,
Balmain
Adriano Zumbo Café Chocolat on Urbanspoon

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

8 comment(s):

Celia @ Fig Jam and Lime Cordial March 23, 2010 at 6:32 AM  

Great photos, Wink! I dunno, I nearly moved to Balmain once, but the parking drives me bonkers.. ;-)

Sydney Shop Girl March 23, 2010 at 8:19 AM  

Thank you for more delicious photos! My world has been sugar and chocolate since the weekend, not that I'm complaining.

SSG xxx

Simon Leong March 23, 2010 at 10:54 AM  

damn that flu :-) yum yum

Helen (Grab Your Fork) March 23, 2010 at 12:46 PM  

Oh it's always a relief to get through winter without succumbing to the flu. I have a theory that chocolate helps. And macarons too :)

Two fit and fun gals March 23, 2010 at 4:37 PM  

i havent been to this shop.. yet! its on my to-go list :P

(ive never had a macaron either lol) dont kill me!

oh wait i did once but i think it was a bad one cos i didnt like it :s

OohLookBel March 24, 2010 at 1:12 PM  

Oh, shame that La Vie en Rose is N/A. Hope she recovers soon :)

Phuoc'n Delicious March 24, 2010 at 1:43 PM  

Ahhh.. That's so sexy.. *drools*

I love the shot of the raspberry and vanilla anglaise oozing out from the fondant.. Delicious! I have yet to try those desserts; I need to treat myself after I finish writing this stupid thesis! ARGH!

foodwink March 28, 2010 at 10:52 AM  

Hi Celia - Thanks a lot! You're right about the parking problem, which I don't think even Zumbo could compensate for :(

Hi SSG - And thanks for your comments. The Gourmet safari tour sounds amazing!

Hi Simon - I know, hope you'll have a flu-free winter too.

Hi Helen - Haha, of course, chocolates and macarons keep the doctor away!

Hi Betty - Ohhh, you've got to try Zumbo's cakes. The Engineer loves his macarons.

Hi Belle - How slack of her to have chucked a sickie :D

Hi Phuoc - Good luck with the thesis! I know how hard it is. Nearly drive my unmotivated soul bonkers writing mine.

Hope you'll finish writing soon - there'll be chocolates and macarons waiting for you at the finish line.

About foodwink

foodwink is written by a Sydneysider to catalog memories related to food, travel and anything in between. Email: foodwink [@] g m a i l [.] c o m.

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Australia License.

Creative Commons License

Cool People

  © 2010 copyright foodwink. photoblog template edited by foodwink.

Back to TOP