Mangoes. Two ways.
MANGOMISU RECIPE (Adapted from Delicious Magazine)
3 x large mangoes (I like R2E2, sliced)
250g x sponge finger biscuits
600ml x thickened cream
500g x mascarpone
2 x egg yolks
1/4 x cup icing sugar (can be substituted with caster sugar)
vanilla extract (to taste)
1 x glass of orange juice
1. Line a 22cm springform cake pan with baking paper (instead of plastic wrap, which might make the cake look wrinkly).
2. Beat cream, mascarpone, yolks, sugar and extract until well combined.
3. Dip biscuits in orange juice and layer the base of cake pan. Spread with 1/3 of the mascarpone mixture and top with mango slices.
4. Repeat 3.
5. Top with remaining mascarpone mixture. Cover with aluminium foil and place in fridge overnight.
6. To serve, decorate with remaining mango slices in a rosette pattern.
MANGO PUDDING RECIPE
3 x mangoes
2 x packets of aeroplane jelly
1 x can of evaporated milk
1 x egg
3/4 x cup of hot water
3/4 x cup of cold water
1. Peel mangoes. Puree 2.5, dice the remaining into small cubes.
2. Beat egg and mix with evaporated milk.
3. Dissolve jelly with hot water and then cool down with cold water. Add into milk mixture.
4. Pour mixture into containers, add cubes, and fridge overnight.
5. Hope that they'll set. Else call them mango mousse.