Sunday, January 24, 2010

Note to Self - No 1


Welcome to the first edition of "Note to Self", where I'll share some of the personal lessons that I've learned. You know, those that make life more fulfilled. That make you a better person.

Well, I was decluttering my cupboards over the weekend when I found this salt and pepper set. The cows each wear a little bell on the neck and are tattoed with "Switzerland" to indicate their home country. Awww, how cute ... not.

WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING? Sorry for shouting, but I should have realised that cow-shaped salt and pepper set has never, is never and will never be a good idea. Shame on me.

In my defence, I was merely a poor student attending a conference in Zurich. Having spent sooo much money on various shopping trips at H&M train tickets, I thought this salt and pepper set would be a perfect, inexpensive memento. A piece of Switzerland that I could bring home and forever treasure.

Not convinced? Me neither. So, lesson number one. Stop buying s**ts that I don't need while I'm on holiday. Not even when I'm in Switzerland.

If you (yes, all two of you) would like to have the set, please let me know. I'll bubble-wrap and post it to you*. Free of charge, first come first served.

* Offer is only open to Australian residents.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

6 comment(s):

Mr foodwink@foodwink January 25, 2010 at 2:17 AM  

It wasn't my idea ... or was it? Poor cows ~~

joey@forkingaroundsydney January 25, 2010 at 4:39 AM  

Cute. :)

Esz January 25, 2010 at 11:39 AM  

I think they're cute! In a kitschy kind of way. Almost retro.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella January 25, 2010 at 6:11 PM  

Hehe they're cute :P I tend to buy things that loook great in the country you're visiting but not so great when you take them home

foodwink January 26, 2010 at 10:11 PM  

Haha, thanks for the "cute" comments. As cute as they are, I see that there's no taker who is willing to adopt the cows.

YaYa January 31, 2010 at 1:32 AM  

Awww, they are cute but they're a souveneir of your trip and no one elses! They'll probably be a collector's item in about fifty years, hehe!

About foodwink

foodwink is written by a Sydneysider to catalog memories related to food, travel and anything in between. Email: foodwink [@] g m a i l [.] c o m.

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Australia License.

Creative Commons License

Cool People

  © 2010 copyright foodwink. photoblog template edited by foodwink.

Back to TOP