Thursday, February 18, 2010

New Zealand (1/12) - More Sheep Than People



Hi, is anyone still reading this blog? Over the next two weeks, let's embark on a trip to New Zealand through a series of my favourite pictures.

New Zealand is said to have 13 times as many sheep as people. I reckon the number is higher because they are everywhere. Most are roaming freely in the mountains, rain or shine.

This lovely but shy model lives on the picturesque Banks Peninsula near Akaroa. Unfortunately, less than twenty seconds after this glamour shot was taken, the model ran away timidly and hurriedly. I wish I had a chance to say hello.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

10 comment(s):

Kristy Sayer-Jones @ Southern In Law February 18, 2010 at 11:43 AM  

That is a gorgeous picture of that sheep.
I'd love to go to new zealand! Some day some day.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella February 18, 2010 at 9:15 PM  

Gorgeous photos! :D We found that the sheep just ran away when we got close! They were so cute though, especially the lambs :)

Mike@S+P February 19, 2010 at 1:01 AM  

Great photos, I look forward to reading about NZ, it's definitely on my to-do list!

celia February 19, 2010 at 9:07 AM  

Picturesque! Your sheep looks wise.. :)

*misskitty* February 19, 2010 at 9:34 AM  

I've just started following your blog and your photos are stunning! Mr Kitty and I went to NZ a few years ago and the game we played on our roadtrip was tooting the horn and startling all the sheep and little lambs! (lol we're so mean aren't we!) Have u noticed how clean their lambs are (like a nice bright white woolly colour) compared to ours - it must be all the rain they get! Looking forward to seeing the rest of your trip! Hope u have a fantastic time (:

Phuoc February 19, 2010 at 11:14 AM  

I heard NZ is a lovely place, basically an extension to Australia :) I would love to go there one day and do all the adventure stuff and relax with the beautiful scenery around me.

foodwink February 19, 2010 at 5:07 PM  

Hi Kristy - Thanks a lot! You've got to visit NZ, especially the South Island. It's simply one of the most beautiful places I've been to.

Hi Lorraine - Thanks <3 I didn't know how timid they were until I got to NZ! :) So cute but so timid.

Hi Mike - Thanks a lot. I just love NZ, and would like to visit Queenstown next. You'll love it too!

Hi Celia - Thanks :) I think he was wondering how quick he should run away.

Hi misskitty - Lol, poor sheep! But they'd run away anyway, horn or without. I had soooo many failed attempts of capturing a decent photo of them. We had a great time there - thanks for your lovely comments!

Hi Phuoc - Definitely! It's merely another state of AU, hehe. NZ is a perfect destination for relaxation - hope you'll get there soon!

KittyCate February 19, 2010 at 8:47 PM  

Gorgeous photos! I am from NZ so I adore everything NZ-related. Looking forward to reading all your posts on this subject! x

foodwink February 24, 2010 at 8:40 PM  

Hi KittyCate - Thanks! NZ is absolutely GORGEOUS. Hope you are not missing the scenery too much.

foodwink February 24, 2010 at 8:40 PM  

Hi KittyCate - Thanks! NZ is absolutely GORGEOUS. Hope you are not missing the scenery too much.

About foodwink

foodwink is written by a Sydneysider to catalog memories related to food, travel and anything in between. Email: foodwink [@] g m a i l [.] c o m.

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Australia License.

Creative Commons License

Cool People

  © 2010 copyright foodwink. photoblog template edited by foodwink.

Back to TOP