Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Rose Rose I Love You



Inspiration and Interpretation.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

9 comment(s):

Leona February 9, 2010 at 8:16 AM  

Whoa!!!! did you cut that watermelon into a rose? if you didddd you have fine skills! i can only imagine what mine would look like if i tried.. a ball of nothing hehe

foodwink February 9, 2010 at 9:33 AM  

Hi Leona - LOL. No, I didn't carve the watermelon rose - it was on display in Cabramatta during the Moon Cake Festival. Sorry, false advertising :)

If I tried, I wouldn't be able to stop myself from eating that melon halfway through :D

OohLookBel February 9, 2010 at 11:05 AM  

Love the watermelon carving, they are always so amazing. But nothing beats the real floral thing... :)

Celia February 10, 2010 at 8:04 AM  

Stunning photography! Thank you for such a great visual start to the day...

Sydney Shop Girl February 10, 2010 at 11:10 AM  

Oh, oh, oh!! I saw the watermelons as well. I was in Bankstown for their Lunar New Year festival.

Iron Chef Shellie February 10, 2010 at 12:12 PM  

mmmmmmm tasty tasty flowers :)

Anonymous February 10, 2010 at 4:36 PM  

Beautiful carving! I have seen them in Thailand. Great to hear they have them in cabra!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella February 10, 2010 at 10:00 PM  

I wish I had those mad fruit carving skills! I tried to carve a banana once. It was really embarrassingly bad so I ate it.

foodwink February 11, 2010 at 12:19 AM  

Thanks for dropping by everyone <3

Hi Belle - I agree :) I think it would be ideal to receive both!

Hi Celia - Thanks very much! I love taking pictures - perhaps slightly more than cooking, but slightly less than eating :)

Hi Sydney Shop Girl - I wish I was aware of the Lunar New Year festival in Bankstown :( Love festivals.

Hi Iron Chef Shellie - indeed!

Hi Ellie - Yeah, I've heard that the Thais are quite passionate about fruit carvings!

Hi Lorraine - Haha, at least the banana wasn't wasted!

About foodwink

foodwink is written by a Sydneysider to catalog memories related to food, travel and anything in between. Email: foodwink [@] g m a i l [.] c o m.

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Australia License.

Creative Commons License

Cool People

  © 2010 copyright foodwink. photoblog template edited by foodwink.

Back to TOP